After NCAA, ACC Pull-Out Of North Carolina, Editorials Slam Gov. McCrory For Continued Support Of HB 2
North Carolina editorial boards are slamming Republican Gov. Pat McCrory’s decision to stand by his state’s discriminatory House Bill 2 (HB 2) following the NCAA and ACC’s recent plan to remove championship games from North Carolina. Newspaper editorial boards are highlighting the “casualty count” caused by backlash the “hateful” and
This is why I LOVE my US Senator Dick Durbin…
- Murkowski Votes With Democrats to Advance Bill Forcing Private Employers in 33 States to Hire Homosexual Applicants (ENDA) (joemiller.us)
- Senate panel OKs Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) bill banning anti-gay job bias (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Ban on LGBT workplace discrimination finally heads to full Senate (rawstory.com)
Recently conservative Republican IL House Representative Josh Harms’ sponsored a fund raising event. Not so uncommon for a politician. What is less mainstream, and personally SHOCKING is that the give away was a gun! Yep that’s right, a hand gun! At least if you didn’t win a weapon to shoot someone with (you don’t hunt with hand guns), you get free food!
I suppose I should be less than shocked by a man who is self described as: Pro-Business, Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Pro-Welfare Reform, Pro-Government Reform, Pro-School Funding. Oh, and he’s anti-LGBT as well, recently stating that a marriage is between a man and a woman.
He viewed the event as “…an opportunity for conservatives to get together and celebrate our freedoms.”
Mr. Harms, who’s freedoms are you celebrating?
- The freedom for women to choice what they do with their bodies? NO!
- The freedom to marry the person you love? NO!
- The freedom to walk safely down the street? NO!
- The freedom from poverty? NO!
- The freedom for your government to enable life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? NO
I guess what you really should have said, is the freedom for white heterosexual males to enforce their will on minorities, second class citizens and women. Wow, what a man of the people you really are!
GUN RALLY… I MEAN ‘DRAWING PARTY’
On his official site he says the following:
Thank you for supporting our campaign. I personally would like to invite you to the “Drawing Party.” There is free food and no charge. Details are as follows:
Josh Harms’ Gun Raffle Party
Saturday, March 2nd, 6pm at Miss Karol’s
1104 E. Walnut (Rt. 1 & 24)
It is an opportunity for conservatives to get together and celebrate our freedoms. Please feel free to invite others.
If you have not yet bought your tickets, please click HERE for more information.
I hope to see you there.
- ACTION ALERT: IL Marriage Equality Bill Missing Votes from Representatives Who Won’t Evolve #lgbt #marriageequality (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Congressman Links Popular Gun Safety Measure To Bestiality (thinkprogress.org)
- IL Democrat Proposes ‘Junk Gun’ Ban (breitbart.com)
- Illinois same-sex marriage faces obstacles (qctimes.com)
- Same sex marriage could be 10 votes short (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- GLAAD Slams Duggar Family for Associating with “Dangerous Hate Group” (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Should Illinois lawmakers accept pensions for part-time work? (watchdog.org)
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws
—Amendment 14 Section 1 of the United States Constitution
Its time the Government abide by the law of the people of this great nation and the vision of our founding fathers that ALL American’s have equal protection for their rights under the law and strike down the Defense of Marriage Act.
WASHINGTON DC – Today, US Congressman Mike Honda (CA-15), Ranking Member of the House Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee, sent a letter to the Subcommittee’s Chairman calling for a hearing to shine light on the House Republican Leadership’s irresponsible, backdoor use of taxpayer money to pay the private law firm Bancroft PLLC to represent the House in support of the constitutionally-questionable Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). After having Bancroft PLLC blow through the original cap of half a million dollars, the House Republican Leadership recently modified the contract, likely tripling the cost for the American taxpayer to $1.5 million. During a time of professed fiscal responsibility, the House Republican Leadership has chosen to continue to spend taxpayer money to protect discrimination through a process that has lacked any semblance of transparency.
- House Republicans ignore jobs bill while tripling funding for defense of anti-gay legislation (dailykos.com)
- DOMA Repeal Moves Forward In Senate (huffingtonpost.com)
- House Speaker John Boehner Triples DOMA Defense Budget (towleroad.com)