Check out www.hrc.org/StandForMarriage to find out how you can be involved!
- Marriage Equality All Over Facebook (lezgetreal.com)
- I support marriage equality (unchainedfaith.com)
- A Gay Dad, Republican Fathers and 4 Big Questions for Rob Portman (evolequals.com)
- 15 Marriage Equality GIFs To Spread The Progressive Word [Gallery] (collegecandy.com)
- Knowing A Gay Person More Than Doubles Support For Marriage Equality (buzzfeed.com)
- Why Do We March? (tasithoughts.com)
- Powerful Anti-Hate Ad Imagines What Harvey Milk, Matthew Shepard, and Others Would Be Like Today: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Why Bud Light Is Publicly Supporting Marriage Equality (thinkprogress.org)
- Beyoncé and Madonna come out in support of equal marriage (musingsofamildmanneredman.com)
- Paint The Town Red For Marriage Equality (eshcetera.wordpress.com)
One of my favorite songs on my Spotify playlist is Same Love by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. It’s a great video and moving illustration of the LGBT same sex marriage fight.
- Pop Culture Out Front on Gay Marriage (abcnews.go.com)
- Red pic for gay marriage going viral (kshb.com)
- I Pray (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- The Latest “Hot Potato” Issue: Marriage Equality (theobamacrat.com)
- Gay Marriage Supporter: ‘It’s Okay to Love the Devil’ (cnsnews.com)
- The Case For Gay Marriage (talkingteakettles.wordpress.com)
- ‘God Hates Fags,’ ‘Jesus Had 2 Dads’: Signs at Marriage Rallies (hispanicbusiness.com)
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws
—Amendment 14 Section 1 of the United States Constitution
Its time the Government abide by the law of the people of this great nation and the vision of our founding fathers that ALL American’s have equal protection for their rights under the law and strike down the Defense of Marriage Act.
University of Texas associate professor of sociology Mark Regnerus recently published a study that made several negative claims for the outcomes of children raised LGBT parents. Of course the local Uath based anti-LGBT hate group Sutherland Instituteand their BYU ‘educated’ staff jump at the chance to claim legitimacy for a study denouncing LGBT families. On You Tube Bill Duncan says:
Last week, a reputable scholarly journal published a key study showing there are significant differences among children raised by gay and lesbian parents when compared to children raised by intact biological families. Bill Duncan, Sutherland Institute’s Director of the Center for Family and Society, says this study makes some important discoveries.
Billy boy, I’m sorry but you’re betting the farm on the wrong associate professor. Lets just start out with the fact that the study was funded by the Witherspoon Institute and Bradley Foundation ($695,000 and $90,000) respectively. Why is that important? It’s important because one of Witherspoon Institutes leadership members is fellow Robert P. George. Robby is the Chairman Emeritus for the National Organization for Marriage and sits on the Board of Directors of the Bradley Foundation. He used to sit on the Board of Directors for the Family Research Council. He’s dedicated his career to disparaging LGBT peopleand families. The only way a study that has funding from this man is going shed positive light on the LGBT community is when my gardenias bloom in the Arctic.
Critics have charged that Regnerus’ study is flawed because the study never bothered to answer the question of how children with LGBT parents fare in healthy, stable homes.
Critics also noted what it showed is that kids with at least one parent in a same-sex relationship didn’t fare so well in broken homes.
“An investigation is sorely needed to get to the bottom of how an inferior, politically loaded study found its way onto a mainstream campus at the expense of the institution’s academic integrity,” Wayne Besen, Executive Director of Truth Wins Out, a nonprofit organization that fights anti-LGBT extremism.
“What we are looking at with this study is the equivalent of an ugly push poll or a nasty robo call — with footnotes to give it a veneer of academic legitimacy,” Besen said.
So between the questionable intent of the funding and the inherent flaws in the study itself, Bill Duncan has done nothing more than to try and pass off pseudo-science as legitimate scholarly work. But, should we really expect anything less than that from the Utah based Sutherland Institute? In my opinion they’ve been trying to pass themselves off as a ‘think tank’ for years. So far the only thinking they’ve done is with their ass, which isn’t surprising since their collective heads are buried up the ass of the Utah Republican Party or the Mormon Church Leadership (oh wait… same thing).
- Shameful Academe Twists Research To Attack LGBT Families (lezgetreal.com)
- Four major LGBT groups: Flawed study seeks to disparage lesbian and gay parents (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Gay-Parenting Study Starts a War (thedailybeast.com)
- New Anti-Gay Snake Oil for Religious Right (religiondispatches.org)
- Romney says he is fine with gay couples adopting (fox13now.com)
- From The Piers To The Rooftops: The Ten Best New York City Pride Parties (queerty.com)
- You: Pentagon announces gay pride ceremony in recognition of troops (guardian.co.uk)
- LGBT Pride Celebrations Around the World (newsfeed.time.com)
- Hull Pride 2012 – it’s back and it’s bigger than ever! (out-spoken.org)
- Inlaws & Outlaws To Be Shown At MT Pride 2012 (dgsmith.org)
- There’s Plenty To Do At Boise’s Pride Celebration (boiseweekly.com)
- Breakfast With Openly Gay Candidates And Officials During Pride (dgsmith.org)
- Where to Celebrate Pride Week in Boise (boiseweekly.com)
Idaho Media Brushes Boise Gay Pride Festival Under the Rug-Just like Idaho Legislature Brushes LGBT Rights Under the Rug
It wasn’t enough back in February 2012 for Idaho’s anti-modern family and anti-human rights leaders in the
Idaho Senate State Affairs Committee to kill legislation which would have added protections for gay, lesbian and transgendered individuals in Idaho… much to the shock, anger and sadness to LGBT Human Rights supporters.
Today is the annual LGBT Pride Parade in Boise Idaho. But wait, where’s the media coverage of the event? Your guess is as good as mine. Local ‘breaking news’ websites such as KTVB mention nothing about the struggle for equality and first class citizenry so blatently disregarded in a state brimming with legislative bigotry and anti-equality values. They are happy to report on their community pages such marked events as the Dairy Parade.
Well, fortunately because of the internet, traditional media organizations such as KTVB of conglomerate BELO Companies no longer have control over the flow of information in their area.
Today is a courageous day. A passionate day, a liberating day, and a day of political will… A day for PRIDE. Today is the day where LGBT and supporters UNITE to show solidarity in common causes such as Same Sex Marriage, Equal Protections under the 14th amendment and the end of local “Jim Crow” laws. We gather and march to celebrate the defeat of legislated bigotry such as DOMA, DADT, and California’s Proposition 8. and a mark in time to remind Idaho and America that it’s time as a nation of people from various cultural, religious, ethic and social backgrounds to support individuals as they shed their fears and stand up for who they really are!
Here are photo’s of today’s Boise Pride Parade passed on by an LGBT supporter (Pat B.) and an outstanding show of support from one of Idaho’s largest local companies. SUPERVALU Inc. under the grocery Banner of Albertson’s had an amazing turnout and supported the equal rights causes of LGBT citizens across the state of Idaho.
As you can see there was a fantastic turnout of support from the community!
Oh, and by the way. If you’re frustrated about the lack of local attention this event is receiving contact the following traditional media outlets:
If you’re frustrated about the bigotry and anti-human rights record of the Senate State Affairs Committee here’s how you contact them as well:
Senate State Affairs Committee
Senator Curt McKenzie (R) – Chair E-mail
District 12, Nampa
412 W. Franklin St., Boise, 83702
Bus (208) 344-4379
FAX (208) 331-2150
Senator Denton Darrington (R) E-mail
District 27, Declo
302 S. Hwy. 77, Declo, 83323
Home (208) 654-2712
Senator Bart Davis (R) E-mail
District 33, Bonneville
2638 Bellin Circle, Idaho Falls, 83402
Home (208) 529-4993
Bus (208) 522-8100
FAX (208) 522-1334
Senator Brent Hill (R) E-mail
District 34, Rexburg
1010 S. 2nd E., Rexburg, 83440
Home (208) 356-7495
Senator Russell Fulcher (R) E-mail
District 21, Meridian
P.O. Box 1166, Meridian, 83680-1166
Bus (208) 332-1340
FAX (208) 332-1422
Senator Chuck Winder (R) E-mail
District 14, Boise
5528 N. Ebbetts Ave., Boise, 83713
Home (208) 853-9090
Bus (208) 866-0113
Senator Patti Anne Lodge (R) E-mail
District 13, Canyon
P.O. Box 96, Huston, 83630
Home (208) 459-7158
Senator Edgar Malepeai (D) E-mail
District 30, Pocatello
585 S. 19th, Pocatello, 83201
Home (208) 232-2702
Senator Michelle Stennett (D) E-mail
District 25, Ketchum
P.O. Box 475, Ketchum, 83340
Home (208) 726-8106
- LGBT Pride Celebrations Around the World (newsfeed.time.com)
- Idaho Arts Commission Announces 2013 Grants and Awards (boiseweekly.com)
- Pride Parade Celebrates Growing Acceptance Of LGBT Community In Philadelphia (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Mormons Prepare to March in LGBT Pride Parades Nationwide (religiondispatches.org)