Utah Boy Scouts Say NO to LGBT Sponsorship
The Boy Scouts of American have rejected a troop sponsorship by the Utah Pride Center, even though all of the Scouts and leaders were “open” and “avowed” heterosexuals.
I’d like to say that I’m surprised by their actions but I’m not. Aside from the continued national debate about the Boy Scouts, what most American’s don’t realize that The Boy Scouts in Utah are as Mormon (LDS) as the Relief Society. Don’t believe me? Check out the Mormon/Boy Scout site. While you’re there, pick up a badge!
- Boy Scouts Reject Troop Of “Avowed” Heterosexuals Sponsored By LGBT Group (gayguidevegas.wordpress.com)
- Utah Pride Center Can’t Sponsor Boy Scout Troop (advocate.com)
- Chipotle Cancels Sponsorship of Boy Scouts Event (towleroad.com)
- Chipotle pulls Utah Boy Scouts sponsorship over gay ban (rawstory.com)
- New York Civil Rights Violation Lawyer David Perecman Applauds Madonna for Urging Boy Scouts to End Discrimination Against Gays (prweb.com)