Illinois Democrats Forcing through an Anti-LGBT Bill… Yep.. You Read it Right!
Hidden carefully by Sen(D) David Koehler in SB 1123, a bill to assist the blind – like an arsenic pill hidden in a crême brulé – beneath text allowing for raises for County Clerks, the Conservatives waited until 5pm today, in the 11th hour of this bill before its Wednesday committee vote, to slide in amendments that seek to do everything possible to tear apart the lives of LGBT people in Illinois.
We’re talking insidious here.
The bill would amend the recently passed civil unions bill in Illinois to not only allow adoption agencies to discriminate against lesbian, gay and bisexual people in the adoption process – something currently illegal in Illinois currently, and has been Illegal for years with no negative consequences – the bill would also dismantle the Human Rights Act in the most dastardly way.
Read the rest of the Article here: Illinois Right Wing Is Forcing through an Anti-LGBT Bill | The Bilerico Project. Then Read: Wait: The Anti-gay Illinois Legislation Is a Democrat Bill?
- Illinois GOP Is Forcing through an Anti-LGBT Bill (bilerico.com)
- Anti-Gay Amendment Would Allow Religious Organizations to Discriminate Against Gays in Illinois (towleroad.com)
- Illinois Senate Moves To Restrict LGBT Adoption And Fostering Rights (lezgetreal.com)
- Illinois Senator Tries To Sneak Through an Anti-Gay Adoption Amendment (news.change.org)
- Neo-Christian Right Wing Extremists New Tactic to Victory Over the Gay- Change the Words! (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Midwest Advances LGBT Equality: Springfield,IL Elects Openly Gay Council Member (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Wait: The Anti-gay Illinois Legislation Is a Democrat Bill? (bilerico.com)
- LGBT Rights Victory: ACLU Convinces NJ School District to Unblock LBGT sites (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- US State Department on LGBT Human Rights (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)