LGBT Rights Victory: ACLU Convinces NJ School District to Unblock LBGT sites
An update to our story published this morning about a NJ school district blocking LGBT websites:
A New Jersey school district has removed filters that blocked lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender-related websites after the American Civil Liberties Union began asking questions.
The inquiry is part of a national “Don’t Filter Me” campaign by the ACLU and Yale Law School to combat illegal censorship of pro-LGBT information on public school computer systems, ACLU representatives said Monday.
- ACLU Defends GSA from School Blocking Web Content (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Paul Mero- Mormons Shouldn’t Join ACLU Because Religious Freedom is Un-Mormon (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Mocked Gay FL Student Wants Public Apology (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Neo-Christian Right Wing Extremists New Tactic to Victory Over the Gay- Change the Words! (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- US State Department on LGBT Human Rights (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- ACLU Wants You… to See if Your School Blocks LGBT Websites (pinkbananaworld.com)