Andrew Shrivell Sued by His Bullied Victim
It’s about damn time. First the actions of Shrivell, a public servant were despicable, second, if I was Chris Armstrong I’d go after more than $25k and I’d donate it to an LGBT Human Rights group, and still demand a full page apology in every national newspaper in the country.
University of Michigan student body president Chris Armstrong has filed a lawsuit against former Michigan Assistant Attorney General Andrew Shirvell, who was fired in November of last year for a series of blog posts that targeted Armstrong for being gay.
The suit was filed on Friday in Washtenaw County Circuit Court, and asks for more than $25,000 in damages for “defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, abuse of process, invasion of privacy, and stalking.”
According to David Jesse of the Detroit Free-Press, Armstrong’s attorney Deborah Gordon said of Shirvell: “At this point, it’s not about the money. Mr. Shirvell has refused to retract any of his bizarre and untruthful points. We want to set the record straight.”
- Lawsuit of the Day: Chris Armstrong v. Andrew Shirvell (abovethelaw.com)
- U. of Michigan Student President Chris Armstrong Sues Former Assistant AG Andrew Shirvell for Harassment (towleroad.com)
- RT @family_equality: North Carolina lawmakers won’t publicly commit to ‘bathroom bill’ repeal lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/north-… via @lgbtqnation-- 2 months ago
- RT @richardhine: BREAKING: #SecondPlacePresident Trump hits majority disapproval in record time, Gallup finds fw.to/EIHjO7j-- 2 months ago
- RT @Jethro_Aryeh: Remember when she was the scariest candidate ever... #MSNBC #SNL https://t.co/usFp65oCYl-- 2 months ago
- SCOTUS Decision Allows GOP Voter Suppression Tactics — WERE-AM 1490 releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/sco… https://t.co/AZsx6Qwadt-- 7 months ago
- After NCAA, ACC Pull-Out Of North Carolina, Editorials Slam Gov. McCrory For Continued Support Of HB 2 releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/aft…-- 7 months ago
- Overnight app helps find a place to crash in the City releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/ove… https://t.co/ebSOw4SXpK-- 7 months ago
- 1 dead, 5 injured, including 2 officers, in Philadelphia attack — WTVR.com releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/1-d… https://t.co/1gOHKdA3Ah-- 7 months ago
- releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/3931 https://t.co/sfb3TyC1Hv-- 7 months ago
- Hate Preacher not wanted in South Africa releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/hat…-- 7 months ago
- Transgender Man Sues Gov. Mike Pence Over Indiana Immigration Law | Huffington Post releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/tra…-- 7 months ago
- SCOTUS Decision Allows GOP Voter Suppression Tactics — WERE-AM 1490
- After NCAA, ACC Pull-Out Of North Carolina, Editorials Slam Gov. McCrory For Continued Support Of HB 2
- Overnight app helps find a place to crash in the City
- 1 dead, 5 injured, including 2 officers, in Philadelphia attack — WTVR.com
- Beachside Bomb in Jersey
- Hate Preacher not wanted in South Africa
- Transgender Man Sues Gov. Mike Pence Over Indiana Immigration Law | Huffington Post
- Belfast Blocked for Gay Marriage!
- Gay life, Moscow, now: Just like Gay Life, London, 1970s, only with Apps!
- #DailyDose: Toronto World Pride
Archives by Month
All rights reserved. No part of the material protected by this copyright may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, broadcasting or by any other information storage and retrieval system without written permission from Release Dorothy! or it's Parent company.
Release Dorothy! and E Bradley's are the trademarks and service marks of E Bradley's LLC. registered in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. You shall not display, disparage, dilute or taint our trademarks and service marks or use any confusingly similar marks, or use our marks in such a way that would misrepresent the identity of the owner. Any permitted use of our trademarks and service marks inures to the benefit of E Bradley's LLC.
All other trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks appearing on these Release Dorothy! World Wide Web pages are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
FAIR USE STATEMENT
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
- 57,418 hits