PRIDE in Utah » Breaking News: Transgender Woman Mocked At Utah DMV, Forced To Scrub Off Makeup
Folks, I had to read this article three times. With each read, I felt a wave of different emotion. First came the shock, then empathy for this transgendered woman who endured this vile behavior , and then the anger. I don’t know if anger can even really sum it up. Anger, outrage, disgust well maybe it’s more fury! How DARE an employee of the State of Utah (or anyone for that matter) treat someone with such behavior as to objectify and dehumanize them.
It’s sad that this woman has been so humiliated after this incident that she remains anonymous. I say, don’t give these DMV workers what they want, which is to humiliate you and shame you into not being proud of who you are. Your human rights have been violated by bigots. Stand-up, tell your story, better yet- SHOUT out your story and FIGHT for your dignity and humanity. You are not alone in this state. There are plenty of us who are here to help you and help you fight for the respect you deserve!
I also want to call out Amber Anderton- you ARE a local hero! Thank you for standing up and defending this woman. We need more local heros like you who act on what they see when they see it and call it out for what it is. Thank you for defending this woman’s human rights!
Salt Lake City, Utah – Not a highlight of our state. On Thursday this week, a transgender woman entered a local DMV to renew her license only to find half the staff mocking and ridiculing her, including security forcing her to scrub off her makeup and pull her hair back before she could take her photo.
Local hero Amber Anderton
Local resident Amber Anderton watched a horrifying scene play out in front of her this past Thursday at the DMV located at 1095 Motor Ave. (approx. 200 N 1000 W) in Salt Lake City, as a transgender woman sat down at the photo station to renew her license. “When the DMV worker looked at her,” says Amber, “he immediately left and got another employee, whispered in their ear and they both began laughing as they looked back at the woman. They both then went and got security who escorted the woman back to a supervisor’s office. When they came back out the woman was taken to the restroom where she had to scrub off her makeup and pull her hair back before they would let her take her license photo.”
Read the rest of the story at PRIDE in Utah » Transgender Woman Mocked At Utah DMV, Forced To Scrub Off Makeup.
Contact the National Center for Trans Equality at: 202 903 0112
By the way- The DMV where this happened is at 1095 Motor Ave. (approx. 200 N 1000 W) in Salt Lake City
Hours: Monday – Thursday
7:00am to 6:00pm
- Utah Pride Center- Pride in Pink (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Transgender woman sues DMV over clerk’s letter (sfgate.com)
- RT @family_equality: North Carolina lawmakers won’t publicly commit to ‘bathroom bill’ repeal lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/north-… via @lgbtqnation-- 2 months ago
- RT @richardhine: BREAKING: #SecondPlacePresident Trump hits majority disapproval in record time, Gallup finds fw.to/EIHjO7j-- 2 months ago
- RT @Jethro_Aryeh: Remember when she was the scariest candidate ever... #MSNBC #SNL https://t.co/usFp65oCYl-- 2 months ago
- SCOTUS Decision Allows GOP Voter Suppression Tactics — WERE-AM 1490 releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/sco… https://t.co/AZsx6Qwadt-- 7 months ago
- After NCAA, ACC Pull-Out Of North Carolina, Editorials Slam Gov. McCrory For Continued Support Of HB 2 releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/aft…-- 7 months ago
- Overnight app helps find a place to crash in the City releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/ove… https://t.co/ebSOw4SXpK-- 7 months ago
- 1 dead, 5 injured, including 2 officers, in Philadelphia attack — WTVR.com releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/1-d… https://t.co/1gOHKdA3Ah-- 7 months ago
- releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/3931 https://t.co/sfb3TyC1Hv-- 7 months ago
- Hate Preacher not wanted in South Africa releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/hat…-- 7 months ago
- Transgender Man Sues Gov. Mike Pence Over Indiana Immigration Law | Huffington Post releasedorothy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/tra…-- 7 months ago
- SCOTUS Decision Allows GOP Voter Suppression Tactics — WERE-AM 1490
- After NCAA, ACC Pull-Out Of North Carolina, Editorials Slam Gov. McCrory For Continued Support Of HB 2
- Overnight app helps find a place to crash in the City
- 1 dead, 5 injured, including 2 officers, in Philadelphia attack — WTVR.com
- Beachside Bomb in Jersey
- Hate Preacher not wanted in South Africa
- Transgender Man Sues Gov. Mike Pence Over Indiana Immigration Law | Huffington Post
- Belfast Blocked for Gay Marriage!
- Gay life, Moscow, now: Just like Gay Life, London, 1970s, only with Apps!
- #DailyDose: Toronto World Pride
Archives by Month
All rights reserved. No part of the material protected by this copyright may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, broadcasting or by any other information storage and retrieval system without written permission from Release Dorothy! or it's Parent company.
Release Dorothy! and E Bradley's are the trademarks and service marks of E Bradley's LLC. registered in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. You shall not display, disparage, dilute or taint our trademarks and service marks or use any confusingly similar marks, or use our marks in such a way that would misrepresent the identity of the owner. Any permitted use of our trademarks and service marks inures to the benefit of E Bradley's LLC.
All other trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks appearing on these Release Dorothy! World Wide Web pages are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
FAIR USE STATEMENT
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
- 57,418 hits