MD: Gay Marriage Legislation Expected to Pass Senate
A key senator announced his support for gay marriage legislation on Thursday, giving it enough votes to clear the upper chamber in Maryland.
The declaration by Sen. James C. Rosapepe came shortly after a Senate committee approved an amended version of the Religious Freedom and Civil Marriage Protection Act, setting up a debate in the full Senate next week.
Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller said the chamber could hold a final vote on the bill within the next 10 days
- Breaking: Gay marriage has the votes to clear Md. Senate (pinkbananaworld.com)
- WY Senate Passes Anti-Gay Pro-Bigot Bill to Stop Same-Sex Marriage Recognition (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Maryland Poised to Pass Gay Marriage Law (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Gay marriage approved by Maryland Senate committee; full passage expected – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- Catholic Bishop Criticizes R.I. Leadership for Gay Marriage Bill (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)