EqualityUtah Sponsors Citizen Lobbyist Training
Equality Utah is sponsoring citizen Lobbyist Training this Thursday, January 20th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at the Salt lake County Council Chambers. The facility is located at 2001 South State Street (North Building) in Salt Lake City. The training helps train local citizens on the proper civil way to engage local political leaders and how to be heard effectively. If you’re interested in learning how to better engage and interact with Utah’s local and state officials this is the place to be.
Equality Utah is comprised of three organizations sharing a single vision and mission. Our vision is “A fair and just Utah” and our mission is “To secure equal rights and protections for LGBT Utahns and their families.” Equality Utah leads efforts for LGBT civil rights at the state and local levels through a range of strategies including lobbying, sponsoring legislation, and building coalitions.
via Equality Utah.
- ACTION: Utah Legislative LGBT Town Hall Meeting Announced (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Change.org Names Equality Utah a “Gay Rights Hero of 2010″ :: Release Dorothy! (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Gay advocates press for new ordinance in Ogden ()
- Utah LGBT Activists- GET OFF YOUR ASS! (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- ACTION ALERT: Rally against Bigotry At The Utah State Capitol ::PRIDE in Utah (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Salt Lake County Council backs Utah Compact ()
- Holly Welker: The LDS Church’s Unequal Treatment of Gay and Feminist Activists (huffingtonpost.com)