Justice Not Politics Held Rally for Iowa’s Courts
Des Moines, IA –Justice Not Politics is held a rally to support Iowa’s courts at the State of the Judiciary speech Wednesday. Supporters will be wearing red and wearing stickers and holding signs saying, “Support Our Courts,” to encourage legislators to halt any efforts to destroy Iowa’s Judiciary.
“Since the November election, the unfortunate loss of three Supreme Court Justices has only brought additional outrageous rhetoric and continued political grandstanding,” said Justice Not Politics Co-Chair Sally Pederson. “Some politicians have manipulated this issue for political gain, with no respect for the long-term destructive effects for our state.”
“This is why Justice Not Politics is encouraging Iowans to attend the State of the Judiciary speech and show their support for Iowa’s fair and impartial courts,” said Justice Not Politics Co-Chair Joy Corning.
- Same-sex marriage debate could weaken Supreme Court, chief justice says (thegazette.com)
- Iowa: GOP lawmakers drafting legislation to impeach Supreme Court justices (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Supporters: Judicial branch will survive impeachment battle (thegazette.com)
- Lawsuit: Iowa Judicial Retention Vote Unconstitutional (releasedorothy.wordpress.com)
- Iowa’s New Gov. Terry Branstad Goes From Not Commenting On To Not Supporting Ouster Of Justices (queerty.com)
- Iowa conservatives want to change rules for selecting judges (thegazette.com)
- Waging war on judges (timesunion.com)
- Anti-Gay Iowa Republicans Will Try To Impeach Supreme Court Justices (tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com)